So hello from the other side of 2017 🙂
I’m anxious about this year and it’d be very stupid of me to pretend otherwise. For those of you who don’t know (and possibly don’t care), I live in America and we’re about to be in for a bumpy ride. I will be talking about this as the year goes on, because as a queer, mentally ill, ally I have to protect my rights as well as those who have been marginalized because they do not fit the following criteria: straight, white, christian, and male.
So onto resolutions for the year:
- Make more peace with my body. This not only means confronting my very warped view of my body, but I’m going to challenge myself. I’m buying a full length mirror and, once a week, post an outfit that made me feel good about myself. I’ve worked hard on my lifestyle change and I’m learning to love and accept all of me.
- The Purge! This is going to be a monthly feature. As it stands I have a lot of unread books on my NOOK and bookshelves. In order to save space and create a bit of extra cash, I’m going to read a minimum of ten books every month. The ones I love and know I’ll reread again will be placed back on the shelves. The books that I don’t care for or know will be better enjoyed by someone else will be either sold or gifted to someone else. For more info click here.
- Learn to do my eyebrows correctly. I’m still having some trouble with that arch.
- Finally ride the Hogwarts ride at Universal Studios when we go for my mom’s birthday.
- Pick up photography again.
- Keep on keeping on with my exercise and life change. I’m so glad I have my treadmill again. ❤
- Work on my music and writing more.
- Spend more time with the people I love.
- Let go of the things and people that have hurt me and the anger and resentment I harbor for the things they did to hurt me.
- Start following more blogs and interacting, as well as keeping up with this one.
That’s all there is. Do any of you guys have any resolutions or projects you’re working on? If so I’d love to see them.
Leave me comments and links to blogs. I definitely would like to follow more people.
❤ Lady Lynx